Love for Food

The Happiest Hour

I'd like to thank the inventor of happy hour. What's better than good company and good food for a friendly price on a weeknight? Last week I shared happy hour with friends at my favorite restaurant, and now I'm thrilled to share it with you!

Blacksalt, located in the Palisades area of Georgetown, is a triple threat: a fish market, a dining room for brunch, lunch and dinner, and a bar with a daily 4-7 happy hour. Blacksalt is not just amazing seafood, ambiance and spot-on service, it is an establishment committed to serving sustainable seafood. So you can dine knowing that your meal has been sourced responsibly. It's a great deal for happy hour, where I've feasted happily on fresh oysters, mussels in a variety of preparations, and out-of -this world saffron infused seafood stew. If you save room, the desserts will leave you speechless (I recommend the creme brulee trio and the key lime pie).

Blacksalt offers a great selection of cocktails, beers and wine. The mojito is the best I've ever had, hands down. Not only because of the rock candy stirrer (genius) but also because it is divinely refreshing. Blacksalt serves their mojito in several flavors including apple and raspberry. I also recommend the peach bellini.

These photos are from a happy hour visit (four happy hours to be exact) with friends the Wednesday before the second big DC blizzard kept us all snowed-in for the weekend. It was before my birthday so I didn't expect this candle lit dessert my fiance surprised me with. How sweet! I love the chocolate-script message improvised by the kitchen. I'm definitely a lucky lady!