Love for Food

Turtle Bars

Also on Saturday, I decided on a dessert to make for the Easter Dessert/Kids’ Egg Hunt gathering we Extremies were having the next afternoon. I found a recipe for Turtle Bars I had always wanted to try but never had and gave it a go! It was super easy, but of course, I forgot to take the pictures I wanted to take of the final product. Here is the first half of the product, going into the oven:

Here is my recently found substitute for chocolate chips, since you can’t get them here:

And here is the result of dropping the bars onto the counter for several minutes because they were so hard!

I asked our neighbor friends later on that night if they heard the booming noises and they just thought we were nailing something. Our building is the opposite of sound proof and we practically all live together in the same apartment due to what we can hear of each other, so phew! It didn’t bug them too much. J