Love for Food

Scallops

I found bay scallops on sale at Whole Foods this week. They're one of my favorite types of seafood. This is an easy dish to prepare. I adapted it from a recipe on the Whole Food's Market website (I've omitted the chili pepper flakes) and complemented it with steamed asparagus and Trader Joe's Harvest Grains Blend.

The recipe is simple. Whisk together 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 and half tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard and 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar. I also added a little pear juice because I happened to have an open container of it in my refrigerator - orange juice would also be a nice flavor addition.

Heat some olive oil in a pan, cook the scallops for about 2 minutes on each side till browned and cooked through, then set them aside. Allow the pan to cool a bit, pour in the soy sauce mixture and let it thicken and reduce a bit on low heat. Add the scallops to the pan and coat them with the glaze. Serve on a plate, drizzle with remaining glaze and sprinkle with sesame seeds.