Love for Food

Food for Conversation

I made this impromptu meal last week and really enjoyed the result. First, I cooked up some Vietnamese style rice noodles according to package directions. While they boiled, I sliced up about 6 carrots and sauteed them in a pan with a little butter, a dash of salt, a dash of sugar, and roughly sliced fresh ginger. Once the carrots had softened and caramelized a bit, I mixed in some frozen green beans just enough to defrost and warm them. I set the carrots and green beans aside and sauteed some leftover spinach. When the noodles were ready I transferred them to a bowl, tossed them with a little sesame oil and soy sauce and then combined the noodles with all the vegetables. Yum! If you prefer this meal with a little vegetarian protein you could add tofu or even some chopped cashews or peanuts.