Love for Food

Grilled Veggie Pizza

I’ve had this particular recipe cut out of a magazine for the longest time. I couldn’t even remember from which magazine it was, but I searched online and found it here. I am never one to go for a vegetarian recipe, but this looked so good, I couldn’t pass it up. We’ve had it twice now and it was dee-lish! Even all the other meat-lovers in the family thought so.

You can find the original recipe here. You can read how I did it here: 8 small fresh mushrooms, halved 1 small zucchini, cut into ¼-inch slices 1 small sweet yellow pepper, sliced 1 small sweet red pepper, sliced 1 small onion, sliced 1 T. white vinegar 1 T. water 1 T. olive oil 2 tsp. dried basil ¼ t. salt ¼ t. pepper Homemade pizza dough Home pizza sauce (see my recipe here) 2 small tomatoes, chopped Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese 1. Make dough. I’ll share my recipe for it one day. 2. In a large bowl, combine the mushrooms, zucchini, peppers, onion, vinegar, water, oil and seasonings. Putting a lid on the bowl and gently tossing worked well for me. 3. Remove zucchini and grill directly on grill bars for 6-8 minutes to soften. Return to mixture. 4. Roll out dough and layer pizza like this: pizza sauce, generous cheese amount, all mixed veggies and tomatoes, one lighter layer of cheese. 5. Bake for 15-20 at 400 or until edges are light browned and cheese is melted.

I can tell I’m improving in the pizza department. I’m more skilled in the dough making, better and quicker rolling it out, and just seem to handle it all better. Practice does make perfect, I suppose!