Love for Food

Time for Some Hawaiian!

For those of you who do not live in an area with Hawaiian restaurants, I am very sorry. It is one of our favorite types of food! The most popular one here in Eugene (or at least the one with the most locations) is Hawaiian Time.

One thing I've never been a huge fan of is macaroni salad. Or cold pasta salad in general. Yet, something magical happens when I put a bite of theirs in my mouth! Most of the dishes are served with this mac salad and rice. We were told once (and who knows if it's really true - any Hawaiians out there to verify??) that it's tradition to either mix it all up together with the teriyaki meat or to make sure you have all 3 (meat, rice, macaroni) in each bite. Didn't sound all that great to me... until I tried it, of course!

We have tried a few different items on the menu, but never ever get tired of eating their #2 Honolulu Plate. It includes "thin sliced beef, marinated in a Korean style sauce." Sharing the large size is not only plenty for Husband and me, but we are both stuffed afterward. But don't forget my favorite part - Sriracha ! We affectionately call it "Rooster Sauce." It's very spicy for most people but we shovel it into every bite.

Service (speed, friendliness, etc.): 4 out of 5 stars
Ambiance (in relation to theme of restaurant): 4 out of 5 stars
Food (tastiness!): 5 out of 5 stars
Bathroom (cleanliness, comfort): 4 out of 5 stars
Music (volume, theme appropriate): 4 out of 5 stars