Love for Food

Pumpkin Pie Mousse


It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is only a few days away! Where did 2010 go? I wanted to share this recipe with you because it's a yummy, figure friendly dessert. A one cup serving only had 1.5WW points!!! It has a wonderful smooth and creamy texture. I found it a few days ago while searching for some ideas on lower fat pumpkin pie. My first thought was crust free, which than became pudding. I stumbled across this recipe and had to try it. I ended up eating three servings of my test batch the first day. I didn't feel to bad though because three servings is only 4.5 points. You can't go wrong with this mousse. You can have your dessert and not be afraid of the scale the day after Thanksgiving :)Ingredients: Serves Six
2 packages of sugar/fat free ice cream
2 cups fat free milk
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 (15oz) can pumpkin
1 (8oz) tub fat free Cool Whip
fat free graham cracker crumbs (optional)
Method:

  • Mix pudding mix and milk.
  • Fold in rest of ingredients.
  • Top with graham cracker crumbs. (I didn't have any so I skipped this.)

Cost: $3.50 total, Time: 5 minutes active/total Nutrition Facts: Amount Calories 91.2 Total Fat 0.2 g Saturated Fat 0.2g Polyunsaturated Fat 0.0 g
MonounsaturatedFat 0.0g Cholesterol 2.3 mg
Sodium 251.1 mg Potassium 123.2 mg Total Carbohydrate 29.5g Dietary Fiber 0.1 g Sugars 20.0 g Protein 2.4 g Weight Watcher Points: 1.5 per one cup serving