Love for Food

Coco Walnut Butter Cookies

I swore I would not bake cookies this year but for some reason I ended up making more than usual. I just can't help myself! This is another recipe I got from my mom, the baker in the family. These cookies are great because they almost taste like a brownie, and have a great chocolate taste. I drizzled some caramel sauce on them at the end just to jazz them up a little bit. These are sure to be a favorite of your Christmas cookie tins. Ingredients: Serves 48 1 cup flour 1/2 cup cocoa 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 teaspoon baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 8 oz butter 1/2 cup sugar 1/2 cup brown sugar (make sure you sift for lumps) 1 large egg 1 tsp. vanilla extract 3/4 cup chopped walnuts 1/2 cup white chocolate chips Method:

  • Heat oven to 350. Line cookie sheets with parchment.
  • Mix baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, baking powder, and flour.
  • Mix butter and sugar, add egg and vanilla.
  • Mix dry and wet ingredients until combined.
  • Add nuts and chips.
  • Bake for 10 minutes.
Cost: $4.00 total, .8 per cookie Time: 30 minutes active, 10 minutes inactive Nutrition Facts: Amount Per Serving Calories 84.6Total Fat 5.9 gSaturated Fat 2.9 gPolyunsaturated Fat 1.1 gMonounsaturated Fat 1.5 gCholesterol 14.8 mgSodium 3.2 mgPotassium 41.6 mgTotal Carbohydrate 9.0 gDietary Fiber 0.6 gSugars 6.2 gProtein 1.0 g
Weight Watcher Points+: 3 points per cookie