Love for Food

Easy Breezy Frozen Mango Mousse

I have been really digging Trader Joe's Mango Chunks. They come frozen and I eat them instead of ice cream. I know what your thinking. OK, so maybe they are not quite as good as ice cream. When you are on a diet they may be the next best thing. I love eating mangoes but can get lazy when it comes to cutting them up. They also keep a lot longer in the freezer. Other brands sell them (Dole) but for more than double the cost. This week I wanted to try something new with my TJ Mango Chunks. I made a quick mousse using Greek yogurt and some honey. It's very tasty and healthy. The Greek yogurt provides a ton of protein. I found out that each serving has five WW points, so if you are watching your points, be careful not to eat too much! The ice helps to add bulk without calories. This would also be great with any other fruit/frozen fruit. Ingredients: Serves Two
1 mango, cut up
1 cup Greek 0% fat yogurt
1 cup ice cubes
1/4 cup honey

Method:

  • Combine all of the ingredients in a blender. If mixture is too thick add water.
Cost: $3.00 total, $1.50 per servingTime: 5 minutes total
Nutrition Facts: Amount Per Serving
Calories 249.4Total Fat 0.3 g
Saturated Fat 0.1 gPolyunsaturated Fat 0.1 gMonounsaturated Fat 0.1 gCholesterol 0.0 mgSodium 43.8 mgPotassium 183.5 mgTotal Carbohydrate 56.5 gDietary Fiber 1.9 gSugars 54.1 gProtein 10.7 g
Weight Watcher Points: 5 points per serving