Love for Food

Mom's Chocolate Chip Cookies

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I sure did! I ate way too much but it was worth it. While visiting my parents I helped my mom do some baking. Nothing beats Mom's Chocolate Chip Cookies! Everyone has a slightly different recipe and it can make a big difference in the results. I like my cookies crisp and not too cake like. My mom gave me her recipe with a word of caution. What's the first word? Um... chocolate?????? Exactly, she said. The key to great chocolate chip cookies is to use the best quality chocolate you can find. I used Green & Blacks organic chocolate. I ended up spending a little bit more but the results were worth it!

*For those on Weight Watcher's for the time being I'm still using the old point system. I'll switch over within the next few weeks.

Ingredients: Makes 40 cookies.
2 cups plus 2 Tbs. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar (plus 2Tbs.)
2 large eggs
1/2tsp. vanilla extract
9 oz. bittersweet chocolate coarsely chopped
21/2 oz. milk chocolate coarsely chopped

Method:

  • Preheat oven to 350.
  • In a medium bowl mix flour, baking soda, and salt.
  • In a mixer beat butter, sugar and brown sugar for about five minutes.
  • Beat in the vanilla and eggs.
  • Slowly blend in dry mixture into wet mixture.
  • Fold in chopped chocolate by hand.
  • Drop rounded teaspoons on cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
Cost: $10.00 total, .25 per cookie
Time: 20 minutes active, 10 minutes inactive

Nutrition Facts: Amount Per Serving

Calories 138.0



Sugars 13.9 g Protein 1.4 g
Monounsaturated Fat 2.3 g
Saturated Fat 4.5 g
Cholesterol 23.1 mgSodium 6.5 mg
Potassium 56.6 mg
Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
Total Fat 7.5 g

Weight Watcher Points: 3 points per serving