Love for Food

Birthday Cake

The excitement is building around our home as the date approaches for our next move. Since we had to come back to the States early for medical reasons , my parents have so graciously shared their home with us. We’ve lived in their basement since the end of April as the house we own has been tied up in a lease for the length of time we were supposed to be gone. The tenant is and has been a big blessing and we are thankful for his taking good care of the house and, of course, always paying the rent! It’s only a couple more weeks before we have possession again and I have no idea what the state of this blog will be in for a while with the moving, unpacking, trying to keep up my payingday job, etc. But, as you can see, I am extremely excited to move again (I weirdly love it), open all of the boxes that have been stored for 2 years, and get settled in to our own home. Plus, I bet los padres would like their basement back, too… Saturday, as I mentioned before, was the big Thirty-One for Husband! I went with the “theme” from last year, if you want to call it that. I wanted to make a simple cake but decorate half saying “Go Ducks” for the Rose Bowl that day and the other half “Happy Birthday.” As soon as I began to write “Go Ducks,” I realized my homemade frosting was too runny. Call me a bad wife who can’t really decorate cakes but I tried. Heh. So I just dotted the rest of the cake and took a blurry picture!

This year, I wanted to try using cake decorating tips for the first time ever. Trust me, I’ve never read an iota on cake decorating so I had no idea how this was going to work! Well, it ended up better than last year and the final picture was slightly less blurry, so I call it a success. Oh, and those aren't holes in the frosting - i attempted putting yellow sprinkles on (green and yellow... Oregon... Ducks... ) but forgot till the frosting was too hard. Haha, good grief.

At this rate, next year’s will probably knock your socks off! J
Happy Monday, everyone!