Love for Food

Baby Steps to Gardening

I suppose this is an appropriate place to announce this - I'm trying my hand at gardening for the first time. Starting NOW, in fact.

Thanks to my husband who completely repaired the greenhouse that was taken over by ivy and also was missing a piece of the wall, we now can began much earlier.

It's very cool as far as the few only greenhouse I've ever been in. heh... Lots of space for containers, a raised platform for re-potting, hooks galore for tools and accessories, and even a sweet hatch on top if it gets too hot to handle!

Anyway, I hope that I am at least semi-successful at this whole green thumb business and that you'll have more updates as we progress. I'm looking forward to planting a few more "early Spring" veggies next weekend, but for now, I can enjoy my two new blueberry plants and my not-yet-visible peppers and peas!

Have a great rest of your weekend, everyone.