Love for Food

Black Bean Burgers

What to make when it's a week before pay day and there is not much left in the fridge? Black bean burgers. They are quick, fast and tasty. I found this recipe in my new Weight Watcher's Magazine. I bought it at Border's with the hope that I'd make more figure friendly dishes. It sat on my shelf for quite some time. Not wanting to think I wasted ten bucks, I found a recipe and gave it a try. I found these quite satisfying. Next up lentil burgers!Ingredients: Serves Four
1 15oz can black beans
1/3 cup breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1 garlic clove minced
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/8 teaspoon salt
4 lettuce leaves
4 hamburger buns
1/2 cup salsa

Method:

  • Place beans in a large bowl and slightly mash with masher. Stir in breadcrumbs and next seven ingredients.
  • Divide into four portions and into pattys.
  • Heat oil in pan and cook 3 minuets on each side.
  • Top with lettuce leaf and salsa.

Cost: $3.00 total, $.75 per servingTime: 15 minutes active
Nutrition Facts: Amount Per Serving
Calories 200.3Total Fat 1.1 g
Saturated Fat 0.3 gPolyunsaturated Fat 0.5 gMonounsaturated Fat 0.2 gCholesterol 0.0 mgSodium 88.0 mgPotassium 406.0 mgTotal Carbohydrate 33.3 gDietary Fiber 10.9 gSugars 1.2 gProtein 14.8 g
Weight Watchers Points +: 6 points per serving