Love for Food

Thai Beef Salad (Shortcut)

I love Thai Beef Salad and never thought about making it on my own. Lots of flavor and spice with mint and cilantro. Thinly sliced rare-ish beef to top it off. Yum! I found this recipe in the Weight Watchers Magazine. I find the magazine a bit boring and for an older crowd, but happen to get it for free. (Due to a three box top of low cal popcorn promotion). The current issue featured quick meals, and this salad was one of them. The main idea is the dressing, herbs, and the beef. The rest of the ingredients can be swapped to your liking. I used arugula and radish tops for the greens. I used radishes but not carrots since I had none. I was pleased with the taste. I love the large amount of fresh herbs in the salad. The addition of the beef makes it a true meal.
Ingredients: Serves Four (about two cups)
2 large limes
1 tbs oil
1tsp fish sauce
1 tsp reduced sodium soy sauce
1/2 tsp honey

3/4 lb. deli meat (roast beef)
1 large bunch of watercress trimmed (or other greens)
1 1/2 cup shredded carrots
1 c fresh mint leaves
1/2 c fresh cilantro
1/3 cup thin sliced radishes
Method:

  • Whisk together ingredients though honey set aside.
  • Toss together the remaining ingredients, mix with dressing.
Cost: $6.50 total, $1.63
Time: 20 minutes active
Nutrition Facts: Amount Per Serving
163 Calories
6g Fat
1g Sat Fat
9g Carb
2g Fiber
18g Protein

Weight Watcher Points +: 4 points