Love for Food

Stuffed Porobello Mushrooms

For quite some time I forgot about mushrooms. With so many different recipes to try and foods to eat sometimes I forget about my favorites. When I saw this recipe in the magazine, Everyday, I jumped to give it a try. Suddenly I had a big hankering for some mushrooms! I also had a pound of meat I bought for burgers sitting in the fridge. I liked the idea of a little something different. I changed it around a little to make more Weight Watcher friendly. It was pretty tasty even with the reduction of bread and cheese, although I could see those items could make these that much more yummy. I added some shredded basil on top which gave it a nice bust of brightness and freshness to an oven baked dish.

Ingredients: Serves Four
4 large porobello mushroom tops, gills scrapped out
salt, pepper
1 pound lean ground beef
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 bag baby spinach, chopped
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup grated mozzarella
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced

Method:

  • Preheat the oven to 425, spray baking sheet and mushrooms with oil, and bake rounded side down for about 8 minutes.
  • In a large skillet coated with cooking spray cook the meat until brown, add salt and pepper. Add onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and oregano cook five minutes.
  • Add the spinach and panko cook for a couple minutes till the spinach is wilted down remove from heat and add the parmesan cheese.
  • Place mixture in inverted mushroom caps and top with mozzarella cheese.
  • Bake for 8-10 minutes. Top with basil if desired.

Cost: $11.50 total, $2.88 per serving
Time: 20 minutes active 10 minutes inactive
Nutrition Facts: Amount Per Serving
Calories 360.9
Total Fat 15.7 g
Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
Dietary Fiber 2.9 gProtein 40.1 g
Weight Watcher Points +: 9 points per serving