Love for Food

Pumpkin Pie Cake

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every year at work we have a Thanksgiving luncheon. I usually try to make things I would make myself. This year I decided to to try something a little bit different. I decided since it was the holidays, I would make something people would really love. I would not use no butter or no fat cream cheese but full fat ingredients. While pausing Pinterest I found this recipe for her oooey gooey pumpkin cake. I figured Paula Dean the queen of sugar and butter will not disappoint. This recipe also got five star reviews. The result was fantastic. This is pretty easy to make since you use cake mix for the base of this cake. The cake tastes more like a pumpkin pie to me than a cake. While the bottom layer is cake like it's thin and the topping is more of a custard consistency This made 16 servings which was great since I originally was thinking of making a pie but would have to make two for such a large group. Perfect to make for Thanksgiving!! * Recipe reprinted from ..take the day off.Ingredients: 16 servingsCake:
1 box yellow cake mix1 egg1 stick butter, meltedFilling:
1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened1 15 oz can of pumpkin3 eggs1 16oz box of powdered sugar1 teaspoon vanilla extract1 stick butter melted1 teaspoon cinnamon1 teaspoon nutmegMethod:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  • Combine the cake mix, egg, and butter and mix well with an electric mixer. Pat the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 13 by 9-inch baking pan.
  • To make the filling: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla, and butter, and beat together. Next, add the powdered sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and mix well.
  • Spread pumpkin mixture over cake batter and bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Check on them after about 35 minutes so you make sure not to overbake them. The center should be a little gooey. Let the pan cool completely before you cut the squares. I usually cut them pretty small since they are so rich. Dust them with powdered sugar before serving them.

Cost: $8.50 total, .53 per servingTime: 20 minutes active, 45 minutes inactiveNutrition Facts: Amount Per Serving
341 Calories57.2g Carbohydrates11.3g Fat1.3g Fiber3.9g ProteinWeight Watcher Points +: 9 points per serving