Love for Food

Amber Ale Chili

After months of moving and unpacking I am back to focusing on Edesia Eats! I thought it would be painless but as many of you know moving is always a b***!!

This week I made a different version of chili using beer. While not as healthy as my pumpkin chili this chili was pretty darn tasty, and would be prefect to make for next weeks Superbowl party. What I love most about chili is that it is very comforting and filling with only 7WW+ points per serving. It also reheats well and tastes great after a few days in the fridge.

I was not able to take a picture of it the first time I ate it since I scarfed it down! The lefti's I had on top of a baked potato. This was incredibly healthy and filling. There are many chili recipes out there but this one is worth a try :)
Ingredients: Serves Six
olive oil spray
20 oz lean ground turkey
salt and pepper to taste
1 large onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 12oz bottle beer (Amber Ale)
2 teaspoons cumin
4 tablespoons chili powder
1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
2 chipoltes in adobo sauce, minced
1 15oz can kidney beans

Method:

  • Heat pan and coat with cooking spray. Add turkey and season with salt and pepper. Cook until no longer pink and set aside in another bowl.
  • Coat pan again with cooking spray. Add onions and cook five minutes over medium heat. Add garlic and spices and cook another minute.
  • Add beer and simmer for five minutes.
  • Add turkey, tomatoes, and chipoltes and simmer for one hour.
  • Add beans and cook till heated.

Time: 25 minutes active, 1 hour inactive
Cost: $10.50 total, $1.75 per serving
Nutrition Facts: Amount Per Serving
302.6 calories
7.5g fat
31g carbs
9.9g fiber
26.7 protein

Weight Watcher Points +: 7 points per serving