Love for Food

The Greenest Car Wash Ever

From the series: curious places in my neighborhood. One of them is this car wash. Probably the greenest one you will ever see. Literally. The owner João is a well humored man with a real passion for plants. His eyes started to sparkle when I asked for permission to take pictures of his flowers and he started explaining them to me, the ones that were given to him as a gift and the ones he rescued and brought back from the (almost) dead. He didn't know all the correct names and neither did I, but that doesn't make him love them any less. I especially liked the flower planted in a teapot and he instantly offered me to plant one for me if I brought him a vase or pot (I certainly will). I loved how excited he was about it all, we chatted for quite a while and he even invited me into his house which is filled with odds and ends and quite a bit of clutter. /// Da série: curiosidades na minha vizinhança. Uma delas é esse lava car. Provavelmente o mais verde que você vai ver na vida. Literariamente. O proprietário João é um homem bem humorado com uma verdadeira paixão por plantas. Os olhos dele começaram a brilhar quando pedi permissão para bater fotos das flores e ele começou a explicar uma por uma, as que ele ganhou de presente e as que ele resgatou e trouxe de volta da (quase) morte. Ele não sabia todos os nomes corretos e eu também não fazia ideia, mas isso não quer dizer que ele não ama todas elas. Eu gostei muito da flor que ele plantou numa chaleira e ele imediatamente ofereceu de plantar uma para mim se eu trouxer um vaso ou pote (levarei para ele com certeza). Amei como ele ficou emocionado, conversamos por um tempo e ele até me convidou para dentro da casa dele que é cheia de tralhas e peças antigas.

If you ever want to leave your car for a wash and discover all the greenery, come by Rod. Amaro Antônio Vieira 2466 - Itacorubi. /// Se você um dia quiser deixar seu carro para lavar e descobrir todo esse verde, passe na Rod. Amaro Antônio Vieira 2466 - Itacorubi.