Love for Food

Chimichurri Steak Sauce

I have not been posting too much lately folks, I know! It's just been too hot and humid in New York. And without any AC in the kitchen it's been too brutal to turn on the stove. This has been the summer of salads and ice cream :)

On the other hand, I joined a CSA this year. For those of you who don't know what a CSA is it's Community Supported Agriculture. You pay into a farm in the beginning of a growing season. Every week you get your "share" back in veggies. It's fun because you don't choose the veggies. You get whatever is ready to be picked that day. The veggies are picked that day from a farm upstate which I can visit later on this summer. Another plus is that they are organic. But since you can't pick what you get I had ended up with a lot of parsley. This months Food Network Magazine to the rescue! Chimichurri sauce which I happen to love was featured. Similar to a parley pesto, chimichurri really jazzes up a cheaper cut of steak. You do have to grill or broil the steak but it goes soo fast. And what could be easier than to throw everything in the food processor and blend?

I'm running out of ideas so I'd thought I'd ask..what are your favorite things to eat for dinner during a heat wave?
Ingredients: Serves Four
1/2 cup cilantro leaves
1/2 cup parsley
1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
1/2 lemon, juiced
2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
1 clove garlic minced
pinch red pepper flakes
salt/pepper
1/3 cup olive oil
Method:

  • Blend all ingredients in a food processor. Serve on top of grilled steak.
Cost: $2.50, $.63 per serving
Time: 15 minutes active
Nutrition Facts: Amount Per Serving
Calories 163.9
Carbs 1.3
Total Fat 17.9 g
Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
Protein 0.3 g
Weight Watcher Points +: 5 per serving