Love for Food

Pie Tanza

Do you have a go-to, tried-and-true restaurant for nights when you don't want to cook? Is there a menu item you order religiously every time you're at a certain restaurant? Even though you think... "I really ought to try something else on the menu", but you just can't resist it?

Mine is the Margherita Pizza, and my go-to spot is Pie Tanza. This is my favorite Margherita Pizza anywhere, hands down. For three very important reasons:

1) Very thin, brick-oven-baked crust
2) Perfectly sweet tomato sauce in just the right proportion
3) Fresh basil and lots of only fresh mozzarella

It's a 12-inch pie and I have no problem eating the entire thing on my own. I'd like to tell you about the other great pizzas on Pie Tanza's menu, but I can only say that they look delicious on other people's tables. On a few occasions, Brian has ordered the Lasagna and it was delicious. It nearly swayed me from my allegiance... but alas, the Margherita is too powerful.