Love for Food

Welcome to my blog!

What is more universally enjoyable and life sustaining than eating?? I wanted to document the sights, smells and tastes of all of the goodies that New York has to offer; along with attempting to create some of my own while learning how to cook. Attempting to cook yummy, healthy, exciting food that needs be be made fast/or in advance in the confines of a tiny kitchen. On the other hand, one of the benefits of the locale is the abundance of ingredients and cuisine which can be found.You might be wondering what Edesia means and what Edesia has to do with food. In thinking about names I thought who better to represent my blog than Edesia. Edesia is the Roman Goddess of Gourmet Food. She made sure the food was delicious and the banquets were fun. She is the divine spirit of feasting which was considered magical and she was often given offerings during the meal to ensure her blessing. Edesia is also connected to luxury and city life. The food at these banquets were considered to be advanced and specialized with a balance of flavors and flawless presentation. The focus of my blog is exploring all of the food that the city has to offer along with quick, simple, cheap, and healthy cooking with an international flare prepared by the novice chef. Yes I want to have my cake and eat it too.

If I can do it, so can you! Food is not only nourishment for the body but the soul:)