Love for Food

Sunny Retreat

My fiance and I recently enjoyed an afternoon date together in Georgetown. We strolled between M Street and the canal in search of a new restaurant to try. The intoxicating scent of fresh herbs and garlic lured us into Il Canale.

The weather was gorgeous so we asked to dine on the terrace and lucky us, we had the space to ourselves! Sparkling blue sky above us and the bright white walls made me feel as if we were on a sail boat in the Mediterranean. It was a mini-vacation. We toasted with two refreshing draft beers, Peroni, a popular Italian pale lager and ordered a pizza and linguine with clams to share. The pizza, La Regina: tomato sauce, imported bufala mozzarella and ricotta and prosciutto was perfect. The crust was super thin, crisp on the outside and chewy-doughy on the inside. The ricotta was absolutely the best I've ever tasted. Next time I'll order it with the Anitpasti plate! Delizioso!