Love for Food

Homemade Pizza

I started making my first homemade pizzas when we lived in Peru and soon discovered my favorite recipe for the dough. I'll let you all decide what your own favorite is, but I will share the recipe of my favorite sauce! It is very simple:

2 cans (15 oz. each) tomato sauce 1 can (12 oz.) tomato paste 1 T. Italian seasoning 1 T. dried oregano 1 to 2 t. fennel seed, crushed 1 t. onion powder 1 t. garlic powder 1/2 t. salt Combine tomato sauce and paste in a saucepan; bring to medium heat. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Cool.I actually didn't simmer it after boiling for that long this time (maybe 15 minutes?) and it turned out just fine. You'll have to do your own taste-testing. It produced about 4 cups of sauce, which was enough for several pizzas.

Each of the pizzas had a different combination of toppings. My personal favorite is green peppers with pepperoni and extra cheese!

Oh, and it was the first Duck game of the season so we had on our appropriate clothing. Go Ducks!