Love for Food

Pumpkin Cake Pops

Last week inspired me…or I gave in to all my friends wanting more. Probably both!
Bakerella’s pumpkin cake pops called for green tic-tacs. Though she is the expert and there’s no way I could come up with even a fraction of her terrific ideas, I thought maybe I could find a better pumpkin stem that didn’t taste like spearmint…Turns out, my husband did! We were on the hunt and our second candy store visit produced this idea:

They even have the “bumpier” look of a pumpkin stem. All you need is green licorice (Apple! Another great fall flavor!):

I brought several dozen Cake Pops to a party Saturday night, but forgot to take photos of all the happy Cake Pop eaters. Trust me, there were a lot of them. However, I saved a basketful for some more friends and snapped these pictures last night:

Mmm cake pops with coffee. Unbelievable.

These do take quite a long time to make, but the smiles they produce are so worth it. Plus, I couldn’t stop eating them myself…