Love for Food

Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies

My mom e-mailed me this cookie recipe just in time for Thanksgiving. I asked her to send me some of her favorite cookie recipes. I wanted to spice up my holiday repertoire. I usually stick to peanut butter kiss cookies and gingerbread men, but wanted to venture out this year. I decided to do a test batch for Thanksgiving. Cranberry and walnut seemed very Thanksgivingish to me. These cookies are nice and chewy. The secret is the honey. A happy surprise was that each cookie was only about 100 calories and 2 WW points!!! (As directed they are a bit small but still.) I think these will make a great addition to my holiday cookie tins. What is your favorite holiday cookie recipe? ***HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!! I will be away for Thanksgiving and be unable to post until Monday. Enjoy your holiday :)***Ingredients: Serves 46 (three inch cookies)
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tbs. honey
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup chopped walnuts

Method:

  • Heat oven to 350, grease two cookie sheets.
  • In a medium bowl mix flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and mix in oats.
  • Beat butter and sugars in another bowl add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and honey until blended.
  • Mix in dry ingredients, half of it at a time.
  • Mix in cranberries and walnuts.
  • Drop tablespoons onto cookie sheets two inches apart from each other. (you'll need to do two, two tray batches)
  • Bake 9-11 minutes until cookies no longer look wet.

Cost: $4.50 total, $.10 per servingTime: 30 minutes active, 20 minutes inactive
Nutrition Facts: Amount Per Serving
Calories 94.1
Total Fat 4.2 gSaturated Fat 2.5 gPolyunsaturated Fat 0.4 gMonounsaturated Fat 1.3 gCholesterol 14.8 mgSodium 78.7 mgPotassium 61.6 mgTotal Carbohydrate 17.5 gDietary Fiber 1.2 gSugars 8.7 gProtein 1.1 g
Weight Watcher Points: 2 points per cookie/serving