Love for Food

Pumpkin Waffles

I can't remember where I got this recipe but every fall I become excited all over again when I think about making them. I started making these pumpkin waffles a few years ago, during a period of economic hardship I was going though. Several of my friends kept asking about going out to brunch. I didn't want to say no but when you are on a budget spending $30.00 on brunch was out of the question. Since all brunch items are typically very cheap, I decided to hold my own brunch. It was fall and I love pumpkin. I started to think about what to make. I was afraid of having too many last minute dishes to make so I opted for waffles. These waffles can be made ahead of time and kept warm in the oven. They also can be made way in advance and frozen. I think they taste even better when frozen since the texture gets a bit crisper when reheated in the toaster oven. Ingredients: Serves Five (makes ten waffles)
1 cup can of pumpkin
1 2/3 cup milk
4 tablespoons melted butter
1 1/2 cup flour
3 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 pinch salt
2 eggs
1/4 cup brown sugar

Method:

  • Mix wet ingredients
  • Mix dry ingredients
  • Mix wet and dry ingredients
  • Cook in waffle maker
Cost: $2.00 total, .40 per servingTime: 30 minutes active
Nutrition Facts: Amount Per Serving
Calories 246.0Total Fat 2.5 gSaturated Fat 0.8 gPolyunsaturated Fat 0.4 gMonounsaturated Fat 0.8 gCholesterol 86.6 mgSodium 188.8 mgPotassium 350.2 mgTotal Carbohydrate 49.9 gDietary Fiber 1.6 gSugars 15.3 gProtein 9.5 g
Weight Watcher Points: 5 points per serving