Love for Food

Bake-They-Do-Nots

All you need is a little heat! Oh, and all the ingredients...

I love making these because they're so easy and quick. No-Bake Cookies have always been a common dessert in our house and of course I am partial to my mother's version of the recipe:

2 c. sugar 1/2 c. milk 1/2 c. butter 1/4 c. cocoa (unsweetened) 3 c. quick oats 1 t. vanilla 1/2 c. peanut butter Boil sugar, milk, butter & cocoa for 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in oats, vanilla & peanut butter (quickly). Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper & let cool.

Trust me when I say you can't just eat one - better just pile up a plate like this one!

Here I am about a year ago making the same cookies for the White Elephant Christmas party I threw last year in Peru. Our Peruvian friends loved it and they did an amazing job at grasping this weird American tradition!

I see there are at least 4 flashlights out on the counter... no surprise... electricity was often taking its own little vacation... Oh, and, no. We did not paint the cabinets pink. They came that way! :)