Love for Food

Perfect Pumpkin Cookie

When we had to go to Idaho last month I brought with me all sorts of ingredients I needed for various things I wanted to cook while there. I needed to keep up the blog! But cooking in various relatives' kitchens was harder than it appeared... As you know , I ended up posting almost nothing during that time, but I did manage to bake these terrific cookies! When it was posted 2 months ago, I had saved it immediately. A must-try. And now I'm finally sharing it with you!

Adapted from Erin Cooks , enjoy the Perfect Pumpkin Cookie!

Ingredients
3 cups flour1 t. baking soda1 t. baking powder1 1/2 t. ground cinnamon1/2 t. ground nutmeg1/2 t. salt1/2 c. unsalted butter, at room temperature1 1/2 c. sugar1 c. pumpkin puree (I used fresh)1 egg, beaten1 t. vanilla extract1 pkg. (6 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips1 c. cinnamon chips
Instructions Set oven to 350 F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside. In an electric mixer with the paddle attachment combine the butter, sugar, pumpkin, egg, and vanilla - beating until just blended.Mix in the dry ingredients.Remove the bowl from the mixer stand. Stir in the chips.Using a cookie scoop drop the dough 1-inch apart on the baking sheet.Bake the cookies one sheet at a time for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Let the cookies cool on the sheets for 2 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.

And share the joy of this tasty cookie with those around you!