Love for Food

Chicken Enchiladas with Salsa Verde

It's been well over 2 years since we ate this particular form of enchiladas but I still remember it clearly. Our friends had us over for dinner and after we ate I knew I couldn't leave before obtaining a copy of Glenda's recipe. Turns out it was from the Cooking Light magazine which is great - makes me feel healthier, right? :)

After moving a few times since then, both domestically and internationally, turns out I hadn't lost the copy after all this time. You might be surprised by that, but people who know me well probably wouldn't be!

I don't own a blender yet, so the sauce looks a little "chunkier" than the recipe calls for. But it tastes the same! I did utilize my awesome food chopper to practically mutilate the onion, so that was fun.

The sauce doesn't drench the enchiladas like some recipes call for, so if you like it SAUCY then definitely double the sauce portion.

I'd highly recommend serving this with some form of Mexican rice, black beans, tortilla chips, and lime. And don't forget the salsa!

Oh, and definitely don't accidentally miss the "cooking spray" part of the recipe... or when you try to dish them up, they will look like this:

Print recipe here.