Love for Food

It's February 1st - You Know What That Means!

Valentine's Day is in 2 weeks. The dreaded holiday for my husband but one of my favorites! Probably mostly because it's a different excuse to eat lots of little heart candies...

and cake pops!

I made these over the weekend.

And I was finally able to use Mike's cake pop platform he made for me a few months ago. We tried to get it ready for the last ones I made, but the paint wasn't quite dry enough.

I LOVE IT!

See those two smaller sections? Well, they are removable for 1) smaller platforms and 2) more holes in the main one.

My favorite part of cake pops is sharing it with as many people as possible. Not counting the 20+ Mike ate the day I made them (no exaggeration) , I packaged them all up and brought them to church with me on Sunday. It was a blast handing them out to random people all morning!

Like I mentioned last time, these do take more time to complete than most desserts, so I'll probably just stick to the few-times-a-year plan. Nonetheless, they are very fun to create!

What are your plans for Valentine's Day?

P.S. In the middle of this post, I ran out of free Blogger photo space. I guess that means I'm a blogging machine!