Love for Food

Chinese Ginger and Clam Soup

This is a classic Chinese dish that is easy and cheap to make. You can serve it as an appetizer but I split this into two servings and add some veggies to the broth. For some reason clams use to gross me out as a kid. Over the years I have broadened my eating spectrum. Boy am I glad I did! Yummy and low cal and perfect for lent. (I made this on Friday but am posting it Monday.) Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend :)Ingredients: Serves Four
1 1/2 cups water

1 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into thin matchstick strips
1 lb clams, rinsed and scrubbed
1 tablespoon Chinese rice wineSalt to taste
Dash of white pepper

Method:

  • Bring the water to boil and add the ginger and clams.
  • Cover the pot and let cook for about 3-5 minutes, or until all clams are open.
  • Add the Chinese rice wine, salt to taste, and pepper.
  • Dish out and serve immediately.

Cost: $6.50 total, $1.63 per servingTime: 20 minutes active/total

Nutrition Facts: Amount Per Serving
Calories 136.6
Total Fat 2.0 gSaturated Fat 0.0 gPolyunsaturated Fat 0.0 gMonounsaturated Fat 0.0 gCholesterol 60.0 mgSodium 95.6 mgPotassium 14.2 mgTotal Carbohydrate 4.4 gDietary Fiber 0.0 gSugars 0.0 gProtein 22.0 g
Weight Watcher Points +: 3 points per serving