Love for Food

Homemade Granola Bars

Ever since I received this amazing cookbook for our wedding [and then actually unpacked it and started using it] , I wanted to make these granola bars. I also heard from a friend that she'd made them and they were terrific!

As I almost always do, when I use a recipe for the first time, I try not to alter it at all - then I find out what I want to change for the next time. [As perfectly exemplified in my very-cashewy Spicy Stir-Fried Cashew Chicken I made tonight, about which I may or may not blog - it was cashew-iculous!] These granola bars were a bit sticky. Okay, a LOT sticky.

I'll definitely make them again (because they were seriously so good), but I'll certainly need to change some quantities. And when I DO and find some better solutions, I will blog about it. In the meantime, please let me know if you have any ideas, as well! This time I tried almond pieces, coconut and sunflower seeds. Next time, I might try peanuts and raisins or something else! There are truly endless possibilities.

Print the recipe here.

Or here. :)