Love for Food

Chipotle Lime Crusted Chicken

I had recently bought a 12 pound bag of chicken breasts. It was much cheaper that way and I thought it would be convenient to not make several trips to the store. But after a few weeks I was sick of my typical grilled chicken salads. I found this recipe on the fridge. My roommate found it on the Hellman's website and raved about it. The only thing I changed was using reduced fat vegan mayo instead of Hellmann's full fat mayo. I don't think I would be able to tell the difference. (I had mistakenly bought vegan mayo at Trader Joe's. Turns out it's not half bad :). This chicken was quick simple, and tasty. The mayo helps to keep the chicken nice and moist. Great for an easy weeknight dinner!

Ingredients: Serves Four

1/2 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (about 1 oz.)
1-1/2 tsp. lime juice
1/4 tsp. ground chipotle chile pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lbs.)
1/4 cup crushed plain tortilla chips

Method:

  • Preheat oven to 425°.
  • Combine Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, cheese, lime juice and ground chipotle in medium bowl. Arrange chicken on baking sheet. Evenly top with mayonnaise mixture, then sprinkle with crushed tortilla chips.
  • Bake 20 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.

Cost: $5.00 total, $1.25 per serving
Time: 10 minutes active, 20 minutes inactive

Nutrition Facts: Amount Per Serving
Calories 280.1
Total Fat 17.0 g
Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
Protein 19.6 g
Weight Watcher Points +: 7 points per serving