Love for Food

Weight Watchers Apple Sauce Cake

Three weeks till my Florida vacation and I finally decided this was it. This is the week I am finally going back on Weight Watchers, for real this time. Whenever I am being "good", I buy myself a little treat for the end of the day as a reward for all that discipline. My favorite is Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches. I was disappointed to find that in the local DAG the price has gone up to about $7.50! Sigh.

I decided to make my own treats instead and came across a recipe for an applesauce cake. This cake can be made with what most people keep in the pantry. I had to try it since I've just gotten back from apple picking and happened to have made homemade apple sauce.

Very moist and especially tasty with a dollop of fat free cool whip. This does not have a ton of flavor (maybe add pumpkin pie spice?) or sweetness. It was great at the end of the day with a cup of tea.
*Recipe from Weight Watchers.com.
Ingredients: Sixteen
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cups packed light brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup fat free sour cream
2 tablespoons oil
1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
Method:

  • Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 9 inch pan with non stick spray.
  • Mix flour, baking soda, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
  • In another bowl mix the oil, apple sauce, and sour cream.
  • Mix the two until combined do not over mix.
  • Bake for about 40 minutes.

Cost: $2.50 total, .16 per serving
Time: 15 minutes active, 40 minutes inactive
Nutrition Facts: Amount Per Serving*
118 Calories
3.2g Fat
24.7 Carbs
.4g Fiber
1.5g Protein

* My calculations came out to four points but WeightWatchers.Com listed this as three points.

Weight Watcher Points +: 3 per serving