Love for Food

Steak & Strawberries

After so much traveling for hosting our short-term projects in other cities, I was pretty worn out. I was going to be home for a couple weeks, and, after talking with my mom, realized maybe my lack of energy was not enough red meat. I thought about that and, sure enough, I'd mostly been eating chicken because that's almost always what Peru restaurants serve. When we're on the road, we obviously can't cook for ourselves so we usually eat what the restaurants are serving our short-term volunteers.

Anyhow, I decided to go buy some meat. I spent some time talking to the meat lady and she recommended two kinds, one of which was incredibly expensive so I chose the other "good" kind. Well, meat here just never really stands up to American standards - thick and juicy? More like thin and tough. :) I ordered "one" because Mike was out of town. Well, "one" is still gigantic. It filled a whole large dinner plate:

I covered it in tons of spices to give as much flavor as possible. I'm writing this blog a month later, so I don't really remember what I used, sorry.

Then I cooked it on the stove.

Then I ate a third of it, saving more for lunch at work the next day.

With strawberries...