Love for Food

Fruit Kabobs with Chocolate Dipping Sauce

This past Sunday, I hosted a ladies bunch of my closest girlfriends. The menu I choose was a waffle bar. Waffles with tons of toppings to choose from. I wanted to serve something to munch on as my guests arrived. But what? After thinking about it for a while, my mind was stuck on crudite. But crudite is not really a breakfast item. I crossed that off my list of options.
Fruit was another idea that kept coming up. I decided instead of a fruit salad to make fruit kabobs. Chocolate is great anytime of the day and paired with yogurt it's not too bad for your waste line. I used what fruit I had on hand but any type of fruit would work great. The chocolate sauce helps to entice those people (like me) who are not big fruit eaters to eat something healthy. A fun way to start the day, or serve as a dessert after a heavy dinner.

Ingredients: Serves Six
6 strawberries
1/2 cup pineapple
1/2 cup grapes
1/4 cup Nutella
1/4 cup Fat free Greek yogurtWooden skewers

Method:

  • Place cut up fruit on skewers.
  • Mix Nutella with yogurt
  • Serve

Cost: $2.50 total, $.41 per serving
Time: 15 minutes active
Nutrition Facts: Amount Per Serving
Calories 73.1*
Total Fat 3.8 gSaturated Fat 1.3 gPolyunsaturated Fat 0.0 gMonounsaturated Fat 0.0 gCholesterol 0.6 mgSodium 12.5 mgPotassium 23.9 mgTotal Carbohydrate 8.1 gDietary Fiber 0.3 gSugars 7.7 gProtein 1.5 g
*I did not include the fruit.
Weight Watcher Points +: 2 points per serving