Love for Food

Salvia Summer Pasta

DSC_8043Today my lunch had to be something fast, so I decided to use some of the fresh salvia I bought recently (they say you can also smoke it, but I’ve never tried). I can really appreciate the simplicity in a meal, where you have a few distinct flavors instead of a big potpourri. For example I like eating spaghetti with butter and parmesan cheese. Nothing else. Today I didn’t have parmesan, so I mixed it up a little. The recipe is so easy it’s almost ridiculous to list the ingredients. For 1 person 150g spaghetti – I like spaghettini, they cook faster and are more delicate A handful of cherry tomatoes
50g of butter 4-6 salvia leaves Salt and pepper, some sliced garlic is also nice and grated parmesan Cook the spaghetti al dente and leave them sitting in the strainer while you use the same pot to melt the butter. I don’t know if you have noticed, but I like easy cooking where you just through everything in there. So do just that, butter, tomatoes, garlic, salvia leaves, salt and pepper all at once, stir around a little and then add the pasta. Toss and serve with freshly grated parmesan on top. Buon apetito. /// Hoje meu almoço teve que ser algo rápido, então decidi usar a sálvia que eu comprei (dizem que dá pra fumar também, mas nunca testei). Eu gosto bastante de pratos simples que destacam cada sabor ao invés de virar um pot-pourri confuso. Adoro comer spaghetti com manteiga e parmesão por exemplo. Hoje não tinha parmesão, então improvisei um pouco. A receita é tao fácil que até parece ridículo listar os ingredientes. Para 1 pessoa 150g spaghetti – eu prefiro spaghettinni, pois cozinham mais rápido e são mais delicados Uma mão de tomates cereja
50g de manteiga 4-6 folhas de sálvia Sal, pimenta, alho picado também fica bom e parmesão ralado Cozinhe os spaghetti al dente e deixe no escorredor enquanto use a mesma panela para derreter a manteiga. Não sei se vocês perceberam, mas eu gosto de receitas fáceis onde simplesmente mistura tudo. Então faca bem isso, manteiga, tomates, alho, sálvia, sal e pimenta tudo na mesma hora, misture um pouco e acrescente o macarrão. Mexe e serve com parmesão ralado por cima. Buon apetito. DSC_8048 DSC_8053Jamie Oliver once taught me that salvia is one of the few herbs that doesn’t break down under a lot of heat. So no worries frying it in the butter. /// Jamie Oliver uma vez me ensinou que sálvia é uma das poucas ervas que aguenta bastante calor, então nem se preocupe. Pode dar uma fritadinha na manteiga sem problemas.