Love for Food

Produce in Peru

I don’t know all the details or science about it, but I do know that you must wash your fruits and veggies very carefully here or you will get a stomach bug. Been there, done that.
Sometimes it is just such a pain, especially with smaller fruits such as grapes or strawberries, that we eat a lot of apples (washed with water and soap) and bananas. We get tired of them sometimes…

However, when I’m up for it, I buy the smaller yummy fruits and use this awesome product called “Kilol,” which I pronounce “Kill All.” You just have to rinse the fruit and soak it in a water mixture with this stuff and it kills anything that’s icky. Still a process to go through, but definitely is better than individually washing tiny grapes! Yesterday, I used this for all the fruits in my fruit salad but also for the lettuce. I had to carefully peel each piece (because sometimes there are giant bugs smashed in there), rinse them off, and soak them in the Kilol for a few minutes. Luckily, no bugs this time.