Love for Food

Taco-Spiced Chicken

Since I was working from home today, I figured I could actually cook a little dinner for Mike and me. It’s difficult to do when I work at the office all day so I took advantage of the opportunity. It was simple, really. I just took a bunch of spices (see picture), mixed them all together.

I took the boneless chicken breast pieces (I always rejoice when I find these at the store, because they don’t always have them and they are SO much easier to use J ) and brushed vegetable oil on each side. Then I spread the mixed spices all over each piece. I cooked them in a little olive oil in a skillet for a few minutes and then let the oven do the rest of the cooking. Meanwhile, I heated up this awesome can of beans.

Not so exciting for most of you, but we almost never can find canned veggies so I scooped this up and it was an easy side dish. And really yummy, too! I also served green grapes, which of course were bathed in Kilol…I’m not sure how long they’ll actually carry the green ones so we’re eating them often. The only grapes they usually have year-round are the giant purple ones with seeds. For the proportions of the spices, it’s difficult to say because I usually just “judge” in whatever I’m cooking. But here’s something close: 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning 1/4 teaspoon cumin 1/8 teaspoon oregano 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon pepper1/4 teaspoon paprika It gave the chicken a ton of great flavor and of course the hubby liked it, so it was a successful night!