Love for Food

Oriental Salad

OK, so this isn't much of a recipe, but sometimes I want to switch up my salads a bit. My mom gave me the idea to give my salad an Asian flare. I've also been trying to really stick to my Weight Watcher points for the day (a measly 18). It's the summer and beach season and I'm only 10lbs away from my goal. I made this one night after I only had three points left for dinner. I can't sleep if I don't eat a solid dinner. Too many tummy rumbles waking me up in the middle of the night. I decided to make a salad but didn't want to be bored with my usual. I added some shrimp for only 1 point and a boost of protein.
Ingredients: Serves Four
1 head romaine lettuce
1 cucumber
1 cup shaved celery root
1 cup watercress
1 cup tomato
1 stalk scallion
1 cup mushroom mushroom
1 cup watercress
Newman's Own Oriental Dressing or combine
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons canola oil1 teaspoon grated ginger
1 tablespoon soy sauce1 tablespoon honeypepperMethod:

  • Cut all ingredients into bite size pieces, toss.

Cost: about $4.50 or $1.12 per serving

Time: 15 minutes active


Nutrition Facts: Amount Per ServingCalories 84.4Total Fat 3.9 gSaturated Fat 0.6 gPolyunsaturated Fat 1.6 gMonounsaturated Fat 1.4 gCholesterol 0.0 mgSodium 264.6 mgPotassium 554.7 mgTotal Carbohydrate 11.7 gDietary Fiber 3.0 gSugars 5.7 gProtein 3.0 g

Weight Watcher Points: 1 point per serving