Love for Food

First Restaurant Review

Why didn't I think of this before?!

Husband and I used to always do a fun "game" of reviewing the restaurants we ate at. We talked about writing them all down for our city (Arequipa, Peru) and making a fun map of all the best ones.

Well, we wrote a bunch down but never made the map... but that doesn't mean we can't start it up again here in Oregon! The first restaurant I will write about is very fitting.

My father-in-law owns a popular local Mexican restaurant here in Eugene, Oregon. The salsa is seriously the best I've ever eaten. I can't believe I married into all the free Mexican food I can get. :) But enough about me... Nacho's is its name and W. 11th Ave is where it's at.

They are obviously known for their nachos and, wow, do they have some good ones - my favorite is the #4 Triple Cheese because I love me some queso! But my favorite dish of all, hands down, is the Chicken Tamale. The particular sauce they include with the typically normal tamale is what makes it so unique. If you like fish tacos, they have some of the best. And Mike's current favorite is the House Favorite Bowl, which is a tasty mixture of black beans, cheese, rice, sour cream, diced tomatoes, and crushed tortilla chips with the option of adding fajita chicken or steak! There are so many more yummy dishes on the menu but you'll just have to discover them yourselves.

The official judges (Mike and I) have, ahem, tried their hardest to not be bias in this particular experience and have accumulated their votes:
Service (speed, friendliness, etc.) : 4 out of 5 stars Ambiance ( in relation to theme of restaurant) : 5 out of 5 stars Food ( tastiness!) : 5 out of 5 stars Bathroom (cleanliness, comfort) : 2 out of 5 stars Music (volume, theme appropriate) : 5 out of 5 starsHope you enjoyed this first review!

P.S. Their website is being redone and the new one is really cool - check back soon for the updated site!