Love for Food

A Romantic Evening with a Not-So-Romantic Picture

I took advantage of a free night last week when Mike and I were going to be the only ones in the house and actually without obligations! We had received lovely candlestick holders for our anniversary from mis padres and so I put together this in the middle of the living room:

I snapped it with my cell phone to MMS to a friend and forgot to take real pictures with a real camera. But before I ask you to excuse the blurriness of the above photo, let me just say that photography in general wasn't my friend that night... I was rushing to get the food on the table while a very hungry husband was not-so-very patiently waiting. Pretty much the best photo I got of the delicious cordon bleu (if I do say so myself) is this one:

It wasn't the only thing I served - that's just what it looks like. =)

Here is the original recipe (which I reduced for just the 2 of us):
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 t. salt
1/8 t. ground black pepper
6 slices Swiss cheese
4 slices cooked ham
1/2 c. seasoned bread crumbs

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 7x11 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. 2. Pound chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness. 3. Sprinkle each piece of chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Place 1 cheese slice and 1 ham slice on top of each breast. Roll up each breast, and secure with a toothpick. Place in baking dish, and sprinkle chicken evenly with bread crumbs. 4. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from oven, and place 1/2 cheese slice on top of each breast. Return to oven for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Remove toothpicks, and serve immediately.