Love for Food

White Bean, Citrus, and Salmon Salad

These past few weeks have been brutal for me. I started my internship at night at Riker's Jail. The bitter cold and wind hasen't been helping much eiather. We don't get a dinner break and I've opted for hearty lunches and a protein shake for dinner. Even with a light dinner I managed to gain a couple of pounds :(. I asked my mom for suggestions for a fast, filling, yet WW friendly meal. I needed food that would give me the energy to keep going on 14 hour plus work days. She e-mailed me this one and said it came from the WW magazine. It has everything I love in it. I can't wait till June when the farmer's market opens again to make it with fresh from the farm produce. If you don't want to use salmon, tuna will also work great.Ingredients: Serves Four
1 15oz can white beans
1 can salmon
1 small red onion, diced
1 bunch arugula chopped
1 tsp lemon zest
3 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Method:

  • Combine all ingrediants in a bowl mix and serve.
Cost: $8.00 total, $2.00 per servingTime: 20 minutes
Nutrition Facts: Amount Per Serving
Calories 304.8
Total Fat 9.0 gSaturated Fat 1.4 gPolyunsaturated Fat 2.6 gMonounsaturated Fat 3.9 gCholesterol 71.2 mgSodium 124.7 mgPotassium 943.8 mgTotal Carbohydrate 23.9 gDietary Fiber 1.1 gSugars 0.7 gProtein 36.6 g

Weight Watchers Points +: 8 points per serving