Love for Food

‘And The Ocean And Sun Are Always There…

DSC_9026…to make you happy if you’re feeling scared.’ – These are the lyrics to my favorite MGMT song and they have stuck with me and the island of Florianópolis ever since. I often get homesick and I miss all these little things. The snow, the smell of spring, the lilies of the valley showing themselves around Easter, the markets and people sitting in the street drinking coffee even though the sun is not warm enough yet to heat them up. But it’s days like this last Saturday that make me forget about my homesick little heart. Surrounded by so many friends, fooling around, taking pictures, drinking and dancing to the sounds of our DJ friends while the sun slowly set, we got the feeling like this might just be paradise. On a day like Saturday, I thank the ocean and the sun for reminding me that while I can’t have it all, right now still is pretty amazing. /// …to make you happy if you’re feeling scared.’ – Essa é a letra da minha música favorita da MGMT e ela permaneceu comigo e a ilha de Florianópolis desda primeira vez que escutei. Tem muitos dias que eu estou com saudades de casa e sinto falta das coisas pequenas. A neve, o cheiro da primavera, os lírios do vale se mostrando na Páscoa, as feiras e pessoas sentadas na rua tomando café por mais que o sol ainda não está calor suficiente para esquentar las. Mas são dias como o sábado passado que eu me esqueço do meu coraçãozinho cheio de saudades. Cercada por tantos amigos, brincando, tirando fotos, bebendo e dançando no ritmo dos nossos amigos DJs tocando, enquanto o sol se põe lentamente, nos tivemos a sensação que isso poderia sim ser o paraíso. E em dias como sábado, eu agradeço o oceano e o sol por me lembrarem que enquanto não posso ter tudo, o agora ainda é muito incrível. DSC_9211DSC_9055DSC_9337Photos by Felipe D’Avila & me. Unedited.
'Love Always Remains' by MGMT