Love for Food

Sour Cream, Potatoes & Salad

DSC_8919
After getting installed in our new apartment, I finally cooked up something that was worth taking a picture of. And I was super excited to be able to get some herbs from our community garden. As I’m writing this I’m still amazed by this unique feature of our apartment building. If someone would make me chose between the little garden and the garage space I might even says, screw it, I’ll ride my bike, just don’t ever rob me of my parsley, salvia and mint!! /// Agora que já estamos mais instalados no apartamento novo, finalmente cozinhei algo que merecia uma foto. E fiquei super empolgada que pude buscar temperos na nossa horta comunitária. Mesmo escrevendo isso, ainda tô de cara com essa peculiaridade do nosso prédio. Se alguém me fizesse escolher entre o pequeno jardim e o espaço na garagem, seria capaz de falar, que se foda, vou de bike, mas por favor nunca me roube da minha salsinha, sálvia e hortelã!! DSC_8897For this recipe you’ll need:
Potatoes Batatas Quark Queijo tipo Quark Milk Leite Spring Onions, Parsley, Basil Cebolinha, Salsa, Manjericão Half a red onion Meia cebola roxa 1 garlic clove 1 dente de alho Salt & Pepper Sal & Pimenta Juice of half a lemon/lime Suco de meio limão
Cook the potatoes al dente (I don’t like them over cooked). In the meantime chopp all the herbs, mince onion and garlic, lemon juice salt and pepper and mix in with the quark. Add milk until you get a smooth texture. I also made a quick salad that consisted of lettuce, arugula, cherry tomatoes, olive oil and balsamic reduction. Serve and garnish with some herbs and there you go. /// Cozinhe as batatas al dente (não gosto de batata cozida demais). No meio tempo pique os temperos, cebola e alho (bem fininho) e misture com o suco de limão, sal e pimenta e quark. Acrescente leite até virar cremoso. Também fiz uma salada rápida de alface, rúcula, tomate cereja, azeite e creme de balsâmico. Serve e enfeite com salsinha e as outras ervas e prontcho. DSC_8906DSC_8910 DSC_8915
The boyfriend commented on the lack of meat and suggested this would make a great side dish for a steak or a barbequeue. Hahaha. /// O digníssimo apontou a falta de carne e sugeriu que esse prato daria um bom acompanhamento para um bife ou churrasco. Hahaha.