Love for Food

Dean & Deluca

It was spectacularly gorgeous here in DC on Sunday! I hope that everyone was able to get outside and soak up some sunshine. It was over 70º out, just ridiculous! Brian and I decided to share the morning with our Lab Winston in Georgetown for a late brunch in the dog-friendly out-door seating area at Dean & Deluca. I could spend hours ogling the delectable eats inside those brick walls. This is the chicken pot pie I devoured – filled with celery, mushrooms, carrots and chicken, a light cream sauce, a mix of herbs, all topped with a perfectly flaky pastry crust. I bet you wish you and your fork were there huh?

Dean & Deluca is as much as feast for the eyes as it is for the palette. Really, that's the appeal of this place for me – they display their food (and flowers) so gorgeously that it becomes a full sensory experience, and for that I can accept the high prices.

I was particularly attracted to the color-saturated sweets...

... and, if you know about my love of cheese, then you understand the gravitational pull of this display:

... such stunning flower arrangements (these were by the register at the coffee bar outside)...

After our meal, we took a stroll down the C&O canal with Winston...