Love for Food

Greener Pastures

So, I was sitting here looking at my last post, thinking it would be nice to do another product recommendation. My mind wandered to my fridge, which I restocked with groceries today, but I drew a blank at what I could write about. All this as I spooned yogurt into my mouth. But that's a moo point. You know, like a cow's opinion.

Brown Cow! Of course! So, this is my favorite yogurt brand, excluding Greek yogurt but that's a separate category. Brown Cow makes deliciously creamy yogurt with simple ingredients: cultured pasteurized reduced fat milk (from cows NOT treated with Artificial Growth Hormones), evaporated cane juice, boysenberries, natural flavor, tapioca starch, pectin, live active cultures: S. Thermophilus, L. Bulgaricus, L. Acidophilus and Bifidus. (Yeah, I typed the cultures out... I'm a food geek). No High Fructose Corn Syrup here... which by the way, I found in every single yogurt brand sold at Walmart the last time I shopped there... same goes for the bread. So frustrating! That's why I don't shop at most big name grocery chains anymore – I have to do too much label reading to find the REAL food.

Brown Cow is my favorite because of how unbelievably creamy it is even in it's low-fat and non-fat versions. Although, I highly recommend the decadent cream top version (in which a layer of thick cream sits at the top), it's so good it makes a completely satisfying dessert. They have unique flavor choices like Cherry Vanilla, Apricot-Mango, Chocolate, Coffee and Maple. And your money is well spent – 10% of all profits go to environmental protection efforts. I've only found Brown Cow at Whole Foods so far, but they have a "Find us Near You" feature on their website. I hope you find it near you, your spoon and your happy tummy soon.