Love for Food

Mango Chicken Sandwich

My parents recently took a trip to Tampa. One night my mom mentioned having an incredible chicken sandwich. She had a chicken sandwich with mango salsa. I thought it was a good idea. I have never thought of the combination before. Perfect for summer. I wanted to try my own version.
I got some help from Kraft but tweaked a bit. My sandwich was a bit gloppy and messy but tasted great. I would imagine they would get super soggy really fast. The sandwich components should be kept apart and assembled when you are ready to eat. I plan on making this for my next BBQ as a fun alternative. The result is below.
*This dish has 9 WW points. 9 points is a little high for me but OK as a dinner option. Serve with a salad on the side (or grilled veggies). Also note that there is a lot of fiber and protein in this dish which will keep you full and satisfied. To reduce the number of points use a reduced calorie roll and skip on the avocado.
Ingredients:
2/3 cup chopped mangoesa sprinkle of chopped cilantro2/3 cup chopped avocados1/4 white onion cut into slices2 Tbsp. Fresh lime juice1/4 cup light mayo4 Sandwich rolls, partially split1 lb of chicken breast (grilled)
Method:

  • Saute onions over medium heat until translucent.
  • Combine mangoes, avocados, cilantro, onions and lime juice.
  • Spread mayo onto bottom halves of rolls.
  • Place chicken, mango mixture and tops of rolls.
Cost: $5.00 total or $1.25 per servingTime: 10 minutes total
Nutrition Facts: Amount Per Serving
Calories 440.1Total Fat 15.6 gSaturated Fat 2.4 gPolyunsaturated Fat 2.1 gMonounsaturated Fat 5.2 gCholesterol 71.0 mgSodium 507.9 mgPotassium 657.1 mgTotal Carbohydrate 42.0 gDietary Fiber 5.0 gSugars 6.5 gProtein 33.1 g
Weight Watcher Points: 9 per serving * (See note above)