Love for Food

Green Smoothie

I bought my self a nifty new blender in celebration of spring. Despite the fact that spring has not yet arrived yet in NY. What happened to Phil's prediction? Sigh! Anyways, it's a smoothie blender, and to go bottle in one. It's perfect for taking to the gym. I don't know what got into me; but my first thought was a green smoothie. I want to eat more veggies. I just can't seem to get enough servings during the day.
The ingredients sound funny but when mixed together, you don't taste the veggie part only the fruit. Sometimes I add a scoop of vanilla proten powder for a meal replacement. Super sweet I did not have to add any sugar or honey. You can mitch and match veggies and fruit but I find this is a damm good combo. This would be a good smoothie to make for your kids if you can't get them to eat spiniach.
I make mine the night before put it in the fridge and it's nice and cold after my morning run. If you drink right away you might want to add ice or use frozen fuit instead. This makes one BIG smoothie or two regular sized ones.
Ingredients: Serves One/Two
1 handful of spinach
1 handful of romaine1/2 ounce of Mint leaves (optional)
1/2 cup of strawberries
1 banana1 cup of filtered water

Method:

  • Blend everything together and viola.

Cost: $1.50/$.75 total
Time: 5 minutes active
Nutrition Facts: Amount Per Serving
Calories 120.4
Total Fat 0.8 gSaturated Fat 0.3 gPolyunsaturated Fat 0.3 gMonounsaturated Fat 0.2 gCholesterol 0.0 mgSodium 14.5 mgPotassium 635.8 mgTotal Carbohydrate 30.0 gDietary Fiber 4.1 gSugars 16.0 gProtein 2.0 gWeight Watcher Points +: 0 points per serving